[FFmpeg-user] Bad Quality Webm video with alpha

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 19:11:38 EEST 2018

> I'm trying to generate a WebM video with alpha for a HTML5 template.
> Already tried different compression settings and I'm still getting poor
> quality results for complex videos with lots of animated objects.
>
> The Input video is made in After Effects. Its a short 8 seconds video. I'm
> using a PNG sequence with alpha, 24fps in Full HD.
>
> I'm using the following command line:
>
> ffmpeg -r 24 -i "InputFileName_%04d.png" -r 24 -b:v 10000k -bufsize 10000k
> -force_key_frames expr:gte(t,n_forced*1) OutputFileName.webm

Complete, uncut console output missing.
(Did you confirm that this output format actually helps you?
Afair, not many applications can read it.)

The second "-r" is not a good idea, please try first without
"-force_key_frames",
you can still add it later, and please try with constant quality instead of
bitrate first.

Carl Eugen