[FFmpeg-user] Basic ffmpeg user - issues converting

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 22:10:33 EEST 2018

> Yes VLC plays back the original unconverted file without issues.

What does it do with the ten-channel audio?
(This is not related to the video issue that you saw so far, I just
wonder how to read and play ten audio channels.)

> In regards to your request I am a beginner user so bear with me if I get it
> wrong.
>
> I assume you want me to run "ffmpeg -i outputfile"

Yes, thank you.

> I did this and got the below (my output file is called output.mov)
>
> H:\FFMPEG-Convert\bin>ffmpeg -i output.mov

> [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0000026b2082a100] decoding for stream 0 failed
> [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0000026b2082a100] Could not find codec
> parameters for stream 0 (Video: h264 (aivx / 0x78766961), none, 3840x2160,

Afaict, there is a bug in FFmpeg;-(

Can you provide a source file that you used to produce this file?

Please do not top-post here, Carl Eugen