[FFmpeg-user] Efficiently doing thousands of edits?

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Thu Apr 11 00:05:45 EEST 2019

On 4/9/2019 4:17 PM, John Hawkinson wrote:
> What would you recommend for video editing tools that use ffmpeg's libraries?

I suspect that most of the opensource editing projects use them. I've
dabbled with ShotCut, and it seemed OK. I also suspect that they're not
going be much of a help (need EDLs and all that).

An option, perhaps not very good, is to split the existing video into one
file per quadrant, process the one with the dropouts, then recombine into a
single video. If you have the space, the intermediate files could be
uncompressed so as to lessen quality loss along the way.

Later,

z!