[FFmpeg-user] mpeg-dash encoding help

dan dandenson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 20:55:06 EEST 2019

I'm trying to encode a stream to mpeg-dash live.

What I have so far is below.  I only have 1 video stream here but
eventually I'd have 3-4.  Also, my testbed is a raspberry pi (see
g264_omx) but I'll be moving this to an nvidia jetson nano w/ a
maxwell gpu and nvenc.

With this, I can use shaka-player to start video only playback but it
only plays 1 chunk and then shows a spinning wait.

Ultimate goal, transcode an http or rtsp video to mpeg-dash and serve
that up via apache.  I want h265 once I get the jetson board w/
hardware encode also, which I why I'm trying to get dash working vs
the HLS streams I'm currently using that work with h.264.

Thanks for any help in advance.

(note, the test source here is an hdhomerun)

ffmpeg \
    -y \
    -i http://10.39.40.169:5004/auto/v16.1?transcode=mobile \
    -vcodec h264_omx \
    -keyint_min 0 \
    -g 100 \
    -map 0:0 \
    -b:v 1000k \
    -map 0:1 \
    -c:a copy \
    -f dash \
    -min_seg_duration 4000 \
    -use_template 1 \
    -use_timeline 0 \
    -init_seg_name \
        init-\$RepresentationID\$.mp4 \
    -media_seg_name \
        video-\$RepresentationID\$-\$Number\$.mp4 \
    -remove_at_exit 1 \
    -window_size 20 \
    v.mpd