[FFmpeg-user] scratch start ffmpeg > mpeg-dash multi encode

dan dandenson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 18:55:56 EEST 2019

I originally posted a script I was trying to use but I'm just not able
to get it to work.  Some politics on this mailing list that I can't
give any useful input too caused me to delay follow ups....

Here's what I need to do :

I have a stream, it's either an http stream from an hdhomerun, or it's
an rtsp stream from a security camera.  I need to transcode that
stream for mpeg-dash, probably into 3 streams.  I have an nvidia
jetson nano on it's way and plan to use nvenc for h264 or h265.   It's
a maxwell gen2 with hardward support for 4 1080p h.264/5 encodes.
Unfortunately no VP9 encoding.

I can't seem to wrap my head around the maps and demuxing audio etc in
a single command and pushing output to a .hdr header file and .chk
chunk files.

Would someone be able to give me a very basic command to take this
input, encode it to 2 video and 1 audio stream?  If I have a
functional version I think I can reverse engineer it and understand
better.

Thanks.