[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg DeckLink capture doesn't work

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Thu Aug 1 16:24:44 EEST 2019

Hi Rik,

On Thu, Aug 1, 2019 at 6:56 AM Rik Roukens <rik.roukens at theoceanrace.com> wrote:
> However, I have just found the reason of my problem I was having.
> I appears the card had frozen because (i think) I killed one of the capture
> processes rather than exiting using [q]. It didn't come to my mind to
> reboot my device
> which i just did and now it is working.

So I've definitely seen a case where the driver can (sometimes) get
stuck on subsequent runs if you use SIGKILL rather than shutting down
gracefully.  I actually run the following patch in production to avoid
the issue.

https://github.com/LTNGlobal-opensource/FFmpeg-ltn/commit/5af8dc7d617202884cb0c1a96d2d5ca43e30c254#diff-2b6afd955c43e1b123013d2cff5fc9b5

Now in the above case I've fixed it on the decklink output side, but I
wouldn't be shocked at all if the same basic issue was present on
capture as well.  At some point I'll probably have to reproduce the
issue on the capture side and come up with a comparable patch.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com