[FFmpeg-user] Help : Preserve meta data

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Aug 6 16:19:19 EEST 2019

On Tue, Aug 06, 2019 at 03:31:25 -0700, DopeLabs wrote:
> maybe this will help?
>
> https://libav.org/avconv.html#Metadata

a) That's the command line tool of a different project. ;-)
b) Rockland wrote that s/he wishes to *preserve*, not dump. And with
libav, I assume, s/he meant using the libraries in a SW project.

> > On Aug 6, 2019, at 2:30 01AM, Rockland <ndjoreboris at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can someone tells me which option I can add among my configure options to
> > preserve metadata during transcoding? In command line I know that the
> > option is map_metadata but I'm using libav in my project.

Rockland,
you make need to check how ffmpeg (the command line tool) does it, by
linking the demuxer's metadata to the muxer. The libraries support
extracting and adding metadata by default, no special options.

Cheers,
Moritz