[FFmpeg-user] DeckLink Duo 2 duplex_mode doesn't work

Rik Roukens rikroukens at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 21:14:58 EEST 2019

I couldn't help myself and just tried remotely, it appears I might have
gotten some part to work.
In one terminal, i run:

ffmpeg -format_code Hp25 -f Decklink -duplex_mode half -i 'DeckLink Duo
(1)' -c:v libx264 -preset ultrafast -map 0 -segment_time 20s -f segment
/media/primary/rolrec_cam3/output%03d.mp4

setting the duplex_mode of DeckLink Duo (1) to half duplex. This run just
fine. Then in a second terminal window I run:

ffmpeg -format_code Hp25 -f Decklink -duplex_mode half -i 'DeckLink Duo
(3)' -c:v libx264 -preset ultrafast -map 0 -segment_time 20s -f segment
/media/primary/rolrec-cam2/output%03d.mp4

This also starts recording, However, since I'm not at the office, I can't
actually check.

Thinking a step further, when I run:

ffmpeg -format_code Hp25 -f Decklink 'DeckLink Duo (1)' -duplex_mode half
-f Decklink -i 'DeckLink Duo (3)' -c:v libx264 -preset ultrafast -map 0
-segment_time 20s -f segment /media/primary/rolrec-cam2/output%03d.mp4

It gives me the following output:

[decklink @ 0x56122ec124c0] Cannot Autodetect input stream or No signal
DeckLink Duo (3): Input/output error

Which makes me slightly hopeful this might actually work tomorrow when I
plug an actual camera feed into DeckLink Duo (3).
Previously my errors have said can't enable video input, that's now gone,
right now it just doesn't detect any input (which is factual as no camera
is connected).

Let's see tomorrow, step by step I guess!

Thanks all so far. Any comments from people if they think this might work
or better ways are also appreciated!

Rik