[FFmpeg-user] coding video for some old Sony

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 23:45:21 EEST 2019

Am Fr., 9. Aug. 2019 um 22:32 Uhr schrieb Erik Dobák <erik.dobak at gmail.com>:

> well Kieran it was a good idea but according to my small statistics it is
> not related to FPS or resolution. here read my mplayer output of 3 videos
> failing followed by 3 videos playing well:
>
> ---3 following are giving 'Playback not available' on the Sony Bravia i
> have.

Instead please provide the ffmpeg command lines including their
complete, uncut console output both when converting to working
and broken files.
Also try the native mpeg4 encoder (that is - contrary to the xvid
encoder - supported here), you probably have to disable b frames
and global motion compensation.

Carl Eugen