[FFmpeg-user] Fwd: coding video for some old Sony

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Aug 13 15:09:14 EEST 2019

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 14:03:31 +0200, Ulf Zibis wrote:
> I can imagine, that there is a chance to alienate the watermark by
> rescaling the video or other filtering.

"Real" watermarking should be resistent to this, upto the point that
you need to "ruin" the video (or audio, for that matter) to get rid of
it.

OTOH, I agree that it is unlikely that a "quite" old TV set implements
this. I even doubt that you find any consumer hardware which refuses to
play this. AFAIU the watermark is for detecting piracy, not preventing
it (but I may be totally wrong!).

Moritz