[FFmpeg-user] top posting

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Tue Aug 13 17:54:35 EEST 2019

On 8/13/2019 5:23 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> I (still) believe it is impossible not to find it assuming you
> searched for an explanation.
> (Assuming a German browser default)

And given that this is an English-language list, where there is confusion
the terms ought to be interpreted in English. Yes, it appears that English
isn't the native language of many readers, and it's natural to research in
that language and then translate the concepts. Sometimes that works.

I'm not sure why "top-posting" is a tough concept for many people, "put your
reply below what you're replying to" should be fairly clear.

AFAICT bottom posting* is easy in most email clients if you want to,
including the gmail web UI and the android email UI (but there are much
better email clients for android).

*which does -not-, and never has AFAIK mean including the entire message
being replied to- at least remove all the footers.

<sarcasm>Reindl is being polite and helpful as usual.....</sarcasm>

I've been on the 'net for over 30 years and I've never heard "top posting
means putting a new question over an old one", but it's a bad idea anyway.

Later,

z!