[FFmpeg-user] UNABLE TO READ RTSP FROM IP CAMERA

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Aug 21 10:34:34 EEST 2019

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 22:44:20 +0000, Alejandro Escudero wrote:
> ffmpeg -rtsp_flags listen -i rtsp://admin:password@192.168.0.103:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0
>
> Unable to open RTSP for listening
> rtsp://admin:password@192.168.0.103:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1: Unknown error
> "subtype" no se reconoce como un comando interno o externo,
> programa o archivo por lotes ejecutable.

I don't understand your language, but this indicates that the "subtype"
part of your command was not passed to ffmpeg. You need to protect the
'&' from the shell by quoting your URL:

$ ffmpeg -rtsp_flags listen -i "rtsp://admin:password@192.168.0.103:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0"

Please check whether that helps, and then come back to us with the
*complete* console output (i.e. everything) from your command.

Thanks,
Moritz