[FFmpeg-user] Help using find_rect

Mike Petersen mike at odania-it.com
Sat Dec 7 00:23:23 EET 2019

Hi,
i am trying to use the feature find_rect. I have a video with a single colored area which i would like to detect.

I have tested different colors (white, black, blue) without success. The box is never replaced in the video.

The ffmpeg command i use is:

ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -loglevel debug -report -vf find_rect=black-80.pgm,cover_rect=green.jpg:mode=cover output.mp4

For the ppm image I used imagemagick with different options. The last one I used is:

convert -size 80x80 xc:black -depth 4 -colorspace gray -define png:color-type=0 -define png:bit-depth=4 input/black-80.pgm

Thanks

Regards
Mike