[FFmpeg-user] Use ffmpeg to delay webcam feed with dshow displayed locally

scott denton scottd777 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 12 19:44:33 EET 2019

Hi - I'm trying to use ffmpeg to add a fixed delay (in the range of 5-10 seconds) to a dshow webcam, outputting to the local display.
The base command I'm using is:ffmpeg.exe -f dshow -video_size 160x120 -framerate 30 -i video="Integrated Webcam" -pix_fmt yuv420p -f sdl2 "SDL OUT"
I have tried to use various filters such as cue, loop, and buffer, as well as itsoffset but haven't been able to get it to actually delay.
The result that I'm looking for is essentially what happens when you use ffplay to display the webcam feed, and then pause it for 5-10 seconds.  If there is a commandline way to make this happen with ffplay, I'm happy to do that as well.
Thanks for any help!