[FFmpeg-user] How to UN-sub (and re-sub) the the mailing list?

Lou Logan lou at lrcd.com
Wed Feb 20 21:21:35 EET 2019

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019, at 11:14 PM, Andrew Valenkov wrote:
> I am but a novice, not aiming to be an FFMPEG expert. I have some
> questions, and pretty much no answers. It is not in my best interest to
> be subscribed to the mailing list all the time, since I get about a
> dozen (or 3 dozens) messages in my inbox DAILY. So, how does one
> unsubscribe (AND RE-SUBSCRIBE) from/to the mailing list?

You can disable/enable mail delivery anytime while still remaining subscribed.

1. Go to the mailing list page:

2. Enter your email address in the box at very bottom of the page and click the "Unsubscribe or edit options" box.

3. Enter your password and click the "Log in" button.

4. Look for the "Mail delivery" option. If you check "set globally" it will apply your choice to any other FFmpeg mailing lists you are subscribed to.

Also, as Ted mentioned, organizing the mailing list messages via filtering is definitely recommended: