[FFmpeg-user] Growing file processing

g.cemeli at woody-technologies.com g.cemeli at woody-technologies.com
Thu Feb 28 16:00:31 EET 2019

Le 26.02.2019 17:59, Carl Zwanzig a écrit :
> On 2/26/2019 8:51 AM, g.cemeli at woody-technologies.com wrote:
>> Thanks, very good idea, but I'm under Windows and can't find a tail
>> tool with the  -c +1 -F options ...
>> Somebody has another idea ?
>
> Maybe not the best of solutions, but msys2 has a 'tail' command which
> supports that option (and which will run in a windows cmd shell).
> You'll have to install a minimal msys2 to get it, but that isn't
> difficult (https://www.msys2.org/).
>
> z!

Thanks a lot.

The msys2 tail tool is Ok and the Git for Windows v2 one too. But the
Windows Resource Kit Tools one doesn't have the -c and -F options.

To summarize :
  ffmpeg -i input.mxf growing.mkv
  tail -c +1 -F growing.mkv ffmpeg -i - -c copy output.mkv
works like a charm.
You have to stop the 2nd instance to close the target file.

Gr.