[FFmpeg-user] Decode h.264 to YUV on GPU

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 12:14:39 EET 2019

>>Your question is very difficult to understand:
>>Are you surprised that the values for the utilization are different?
>>Or do you find them too high? Or too low?
>
> Different

Given that 3840x2160 is exactly four times as large as 1920x1080,
an increase factor of 2,5 seems not surprising to me.

> and low.

Only a very small part of the GPU is used for video decoding
and I believe the values you posted have very little significance.
They may only show that copying the raw video data has some
performance effect.

Carl Eugen