[FFmpeg-user] Any way to detect loss of rtsp stream in ffplay?

discarn8 discarn8 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 09:31:55 EET 2019

Zoltan:

Ok, I tested this and you are correct - it works.  Thank you, very much.

I unplugged the camera and ran the ffmpeg command, you suggested and I
promptly received a:

"Connection to tcp://192.168.0.2 failed: Connection refused
http://192.168.0.2: Connection refused"

I can work with this.  Scripting a loop of ffmpeg tests for each one of the
cameras, every 5 minutes should suffice.  I'll admit, however - it feels
like a bit of overkill to accomplish such a (seemingly) simple task.  Like
I'm using a forklift to move a kleenex tissue.

How does one go about submitting a feature request for ffplay - to include a
loss of input stream detection?

--
Sent from: http://www.ffmpeg-archive.org/