[FFmpeg-user] Any way to detect loss of rtsp stream in ffplay?

discarn8 discarn8 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 09:40:59 EET 2019

Zoltan - the only problem with this, that I just realized is this:

As I mentioned before, the cameras intermittently lose connection.
Supposing that I send the ffmpeg test command while the camera connection is
good, and then the camera stream input to ffplay drops.  Ffplay will
continue displaying the last frame it received.  Now, if the camera
connection is restored a minute or two later, and I send the ffmpeg command
again - I would never know that ffplay has "stopped working".  I may not
ever know, unless I specifically test the camera when the connection has
dropped and it is currently down.  My results would most likely be
hit-or-miss.

--
Sent from: http://www.ffmpeg-archive.org/