[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg convert mp3 to opus codec (contained in ogg format)?

Robert Keir robertk at smithpower.co.za
Thu Jul 18 16:23:32 EEST 2019

Thank you. I'm new and still learning. :-)

I need to convert with the following settings:

Bitrate of 19.1kbps
1 channel
Sample rate of 16.0khz

How would that look in:

ffmpeg -i audio.mp3 -c:a libopus newfilename.ogg

Is the Writing library " Lavf58.28.102" the same as "WhatsApp"?

Thanks for all your help.