[FFmpeg-user] Retain audio track titles that are displayed in VLC

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Jul 25 11:25:49 EEST 2019

On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 23:03:12 +0200, Janis Hamme wrote:
> I've uploaded a short sample file [1] and a screenshot of the track
> title display in VLC [2]. After running
>
> ffmpeg -i test.ts -map 0 -c copy test-ffmpeg.ts
>
> the title that was displayed for audio track 2 (visual impaired) is
> gone. VLC only shows the language for each track in the output file.
> I've attached the output of ffmpeg below.

When I do this - with ffmpeg from git - the dispositions are retained,
and smplayer manages to display them from the resulting file, similarly
to what you expect from VLC. (Too lazy to install VLC right now.)

Peculiar. Have you tried a more recent ffmpeg (not that I expect it to
have relevant changes in this matter)?

Moritz