[FFmpeg-user] Need help with cross-compiling ffmpeg

Dimitri Vasilkov dimvasilk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 17:04:07 EEST 2019

Hello,

I am  attempting to compile ffmpeg 4.1.4 for Raspbian with MMAL and OMX enabled under Ubuntu WSL. I generated a toolchain via ct-ng and am running into issues wen attempting to run the configure script (I attached config.log to this message).

Things I have tried to fix the issue:

I cloned the userland GitHub repo and built to get the appropriate headers generated as I assume this is why config.log is complaining about interface/mmal/mmal.h. I then  attempted to include these .h  files by providing the –sysinclude= and –incdir= paths. This didn’t work, so I poked around in configure and added directly to incdir. Alas, this also did not fix the issue.

How can I successfully finish the configure script and get ffmpeg built?

I feel like I’m missing something glaringly obvious, apologies if this is a really basic question.

Best,
Dimitri