[FFmpeg-user] Retain audio track titles that are displayed in VLC

Janis Hamme lists.oss at hamme.info
Thu Jul 25 22:06:03 EEST 2019

Hi Moritz,

I don't think the problem is caused by missing track disposition.
I tried smplayer and is indeed showing the track disposition on the
output file.
(ffmpeg -i shows it too)

VLC seems to read some other flags from the TS container and maps these
to a track description:
https://github.com/videolan/vlc/search?q=impaired&unscoped_q=impaired

Probably ffmpeg uses another format for the disposition that VLC does
not understand.
> Have you tried a more recent ffmpeg (not that I expect it to
> have relevant changes in this matter)?
It's only behind by a minor version (4.1.3 vs 4.1.4). Debian Buster is
still fresh ;-)

Regards
Janis