[FFmpeg-user] cross compilation of ffmpeg, targetting WIndows: libbluray can not be found

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 13:54:01 EEST 2019

Am Sa., 1. Juni 2019 um 08:12 Uhr schrieb Vincent Torri
<vincent.torri at gmail.com>:

> Hello
>
> On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 10:48 PM Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Am Fr., 31. Mai 2019 um 07:20 Uhr schrieb Vincent Torri
> > <vincent.torri at gmail.com>:
> >
> > > ah, at least it seems that indeed pkg-config fails to find the pc file
> >
> > Then try to fix that first, there is a define magic that fixes it.
> >
> > From looking at your configure output:
> > Is it possible that your are missing CROSS_PREFIX-pkg-config?
> > (I may be wrong)
>
> there is x86_64-w64-mingw32-pkg-config.exe, but i'm on Linux...

(You have an exe on your Linux system?)

> The pkg-config binary that must be used is the one that
> is on the system on which is cross-compile.
>
> > > Note that PKG_CONFIG_PATH is not set and i do instead (see
> > > https://autotools.io/pkgconfig/cross-compiling.html section 4.4 at the
> > > bottom) :
> >
> > FFmpeg does not use autotools,
>
> I know, but these environment variables are not specific to autotools.
> See this link (i sould give it instead) :
>
> https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/pkg-config/CrossCompileProposal/
>
> (see "Current Support" section)
>
> > if pkg-config does not work for you
> > (it typically does not work for me here),
>
> it does work :
>
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$HOME/ewpi_64/lib/pkg-config --modversion libbluray
>
> returns 1.1.1
>
> maybe I will just use PKG_CONFIG_PATH

Yes, you have to set it (and this is why I still don't understand
what the advantage of using pkg-config in the first place is), if
you don't set it (or don't know it), configure will not find some
optional dependencies.
I guess PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR can have the same effect.

Carl Eugen