[FFmpeg-user] Change container/encoder used to create a file without re-encoding

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Jun 3 00:35:30 EEST 2019

On Sun, Jun 02, 2019 at 17:20:46 -0300, Carlos M wrote:
> Can you tell me if you know how can i avoid the "Writing application"
> metadata header to be present and how to add headers like TSC that seems to
> not be added with the example i writte before?

MP4 doesn't support arbitrary metadata fields, unless you go through
the MDTA field with the flag "use_metadata_tags":

$ ffmpeg input -movflags +use_metadata_tags -metadata TSC=1001 output.mp4

You still haven't told us what you actually want to achieve. What is
this metadata used for?

Cheers,
Moritz