[FFmpeg-user] converting mp4 to ts [8k]

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Fri Jun 14 12:07:10 EEST 2019

On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 10:12:11 +0200, Stanisław Artymowski wrote:
> I used -c copy, because I want to have same codec and I used muxrate

It's not just "the same codec", it's the identical stream, without
re-encoding.

> 80M so I will be able to have CBR 80M.
> but I am getting "dts < pcr, TS is invalid" warning all the time, and
> I don't know how to handle it.

Since it's a warning: Does the output file work correctly nevertheless?

> Now I am trying to run above command but I added "-b:v 80M -maxrate
> 80M -bufsize 80M" - then converting tooks really long and at some
> point I am still getting the warning.

So you dropped "-c:v copy"?

> Can someone walk with me through this and point me the solution? What
> am I missing?

Kindly show us the complete actually used command line, and ffmpegs
full. uncut console output (without changing the loglevel or using
"-hide_banner"). If you are getting too many "dts < pcr, TS is
invalid", you can cut away the middle part with the duplicated info.
But the intro is important, and all of the summary.

Thanks,
Moritz