[FFmpeg-user] audio/video obfuscation

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Jun 19 15:15:58 EEST 2019

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 05:02:36 -0700, Madovsky wrote:
> I just tried it, works well but unfortunately the player cannot play the
> video at all with this option.
> what I'm looking for is if the player does not have the key to decode it
> still can play the movie
> with audio and video obfuscated, like audio with frequencies modified
> and pixel noise.

Ah, so that it's still a legal stream that canb be played, but plays
junk?

I'm not aware of any standardized method to do this, nor of any way to
achieve this with ffmpeg. The "geq" filter can apply a function to
pixels (as some other filter probably can with audio), but you would
need a way to pass it an encryption scheme. I don't think something like
this is implemented or even in consideration - but I might be wrong.

Moritz