[FFmpeg-user] Extract a frame

nonya bidness nunyafnbidness at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 00:29:53 EEST 2019

On Sat, Jun 15, 2019 at 2:00 PM Moritz Barsnick <barsnick at gmx.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 11:13:01 -0500, nonya bidness wrote:
>
> > The reason I was trying the previous method is that with the
> > timestamp, I was unable to get FFMpeg to stitch together a time lapse
> > of the images trying to use 2019-%14d or similar. Do you have any
> > suggestions on how to go about doing that?
>
> Do check the image2 demuxer's options:
> https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-formats.html#image2-1
>
> You want to specify
>   -pattern_type glob -i "sunflower*.jpg"
>
> If you use a file name format which sorts identically both by date and
> alphabetically, this should work fine.
>
> Cheers,
> Moritz

Again, this is on a Windows server so they do not support glob.  I am
looking for a way to take individual snapshots Which I can do using
"-rtsp_transport tcp -i rtsp://
192.168.100.10:7447/5c81df8ae41ba66e124ec0af_0 -f image2 -vframes 1
-strftime 1 U:\timelapse\%Y-%m-%d-%H-%M-%S.jpg"   However, I cannot then
have an automated task to stitch them together on a weekly or monthly
basis.  I would like to have two scheduled tasks.  One that runs on an
interval and saves the image with a serial number or date.  And then
another task I can run weekly or monthly that will acutally make an updated
video.

Currently I am only able to use the command above.  Then I have to MANUALLY
rename them using a third party utility.  Then I am able to run something
like ffmpeg -r 25
*path_to_the_folder_with_the_snapshots/Sunflower-%5d.jpg* -vcodec
h264 -f mp4 *name_and_path_of_the_output_file.mp4*

*Is there really no way to automate this process?*

*I have even tried*
*ffmpeg *-rtsp_transport tcp -i rtsp://
192.168.100.10:7447/5c81df8ae41ba66e124ec0af_0 -f image2 -vframes 1
-strftime 1 U:\timelapse\sunflower-%d.jpg"  However, since I have the task
run every 30 mins, each time it is overwriting the original file with the
same filename ending in 01.