[FFmpeg-user] Combining Auto and Video filters with -filter_complex

Stuart Foster smf.forum1 at ntlworld.com
Mon Jun 24 15:58:29 EEST 2019

I am trying to produce a filter chain that effects both the auto and
video components of my file:

ffmpeg -i Test.mp4 -filter_complex \
[0:v]eq=brightness=1.00:contrast=1.40,fade=type=in:duration=5:start_time=10,fade=type=out:duration=5:start_time=50[v];\
[0:a]afade=type=in:duration=5:start_time=10,afade=type=out:duration=5:start_time=50[a]\
 ?????? ??? -y /tmp/Test.avi

i.e. set the brightness and contrast with a fade in from black and fade
out to black in conjunction with a audio fade in/out.

I can get the individual components to work but have failed miserably to
successfully combine them.

My efforts usually end with a "unconnected output" error.

The example above is a simplification of what I hope to produce once I
can get the audio and video components to work together.

Any help would be appreciated.