[FFmpeg-user] issue with compressing images to video

Henry Mosher henry.mosher95 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 00:37:01 EET 2019

Hi, I am getting an error when I try to compress a set of images into a
video, in order based on the number of the filename, after writing the
images from Natron. (I am using Mac OSX)

I'm using the command :
ffmpeg -framerate 24 -i img-%02d.jpg output.avi

The files are named "img-01, img-02, etc...) with ## padding.

The error is : "no such file or directory exists"
I have tried setting "start_number 01" to no avail. I also tried writing
out the path. If it helps, the folder is located on the desktop. I also
tried simpy converting a video, but got the same input error. It seems like
ffmpeg does not know where to look for input files.

I've found other people with this problem online but found no workable
solutions. If you have any ideas I'd be happy to hear them --

Thanks,
Henry