[FFmpeg-user] Sample with more than 8 bit per plane

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 19:32:02 EET 2019

> I'm looking for a sample picture with more than 8 bit per plane, e.g. 16
> bit per plane preferably with YUV colours.
> Is there something like here? : https://samples.ffmpeg.org/image-samples/

I don't remember a sample with these exact specifications but
see tickets #503 and #855 for possible input files, FFmpeg's
software scaler supports colour space conversion to 16 bit
yuv.

> Or alternatively if I create one by myself, which format should I use?

Except for pnm, 16 bit yuv is unusual, ffvhuff and ffv1 support it
though (as does the external jpeg2000 encoder).

Carl Eugen