[FFmpeg-user] Question about aresample option "matrix_encoding"

Bernd Butscheidt bbutscheidt at yahoo.de
Fri Mar 8 20:13:38 EET 2019

________________________________
From: Moritz Barsnick <barsnick at gmx.net>
To: FFmpeg user discussions <ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org>
Sent: Friday, March 8, 2019 12:02 AM
Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-user] Question about aresample option "matrix_encoding"

Hi Bernd,

On Thu, Mar 07, 2019 at 21:19:04 +0000, FFmpeg user discussions wrote:
> using the option "aresample=matrix_encoding=dplii" I would expect the
> output to be 2 channels with dolby pro logic encoding, but this seems
> not to be the case?!

This was only just recently asked (and answered):
http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2019-January/042962.html

Not according to my expectations either, but apparently that's the way
it works.

Cheers,
Moritz

Thank you, I didn't notice that this has been discussed just recently.
We have to add -ac 2 or use

-af aresample=matrix_encoding=dplii:out_channel_layout=stereo

Kind regards
Bernd