[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg: how to output over HTTP

Glenn W wolfe.t.glenn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 23:22:54 EET 2019

I am trying to send FFmpeg output over HTTP stream to a web server backend.

The FFmpeg client is sitting behind a NAT so I need to stream outbound to
server, rather than have server request stream.

So far, while testing on my local network I am using these commands, which
works, but uses TCP rather than HTTP. I need to use HTTP only.

>From Client:

`ffmpeg -re -i hq-video.mp4 -c:v libx264 -an -bsf h264_mp4toannexb -f
mpegts -chunked_post 1 http://0.0.0.0:5558/mpegts`

Using Wireshark, I see that the output is being sent still over TCP, rather
than HTTP.

Please help me understand what I can do to force HTTP output. The desired
behavior is to send HTTP output direct to server (without server first
sending out request to client) using PUT or POST headers.

Thank You,

Glenn W