[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg muxing over HTTP

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Fri Mar 15 13:15:03 EET 2019

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 19:11:10 -0700, Carl Zwanzig wrote:
> On 3/14/2019 2:30 PM, wolfe.t.glenn wrote:
> > @ Carl - sure, but I do not think you understand my question.
>
> I'm not sure you understand HTTP; how do you _send_ http without it being
> _requested_?

By sending e.g. an HTTP request with method POST to a certain URL.

Look at ffmpeg's http input protocol: It too can listen for a client's
http connection. That client sends HTTP "without it being requested".

> Generally setting an IP of 0.0.0.0 indicates to listen on the port.

Who ever user 0.0.0.0 in this thread? It might work if you use ffmpeg's
"-listen 1" option, then telling to listen on all interfaces.

But that deviates from the question. I believe Glenn wishes to send
MPEG-TS over RTSP, but RTSP shall be tunneled in HTTP.

I thought the option "-rtsp_transport http" is meant for that, but
ffmpeg tells me:
[rtsp @ 0xacc0780] Unsupported lower transport method, only UDP and TCP are supported for output.

So I guess *sending* RTSP over HTTP is not implemented.

Cheers,
Moritz