[FFmpeg-user] Modifying FFMPEG - MPEG Dash - Changing segment duration on the fly

Barry Allen bajuallen10 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 13:13:03 EET 2019

I'll be creating DASH segments initially with a segment duration (say 1
second), then for my use case I have to change the segment duration of the
DASH segments on the fly (2 or 3 seconds).

I am currently specifying the segment duration using *-seg_duration*
command.

That's why I am eager to know is there any way to change it from command
line  while the process is still running (on the fly), or any wrapper
around FFMPEG to change the parameters on the fly (Java).