[FFmpeg-user] Ham Radio

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Wed Mar 27 18:16:27 EET 2019

On 3/27/2019 8:47 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> A filter that detects silence exists but the command line tool
> cannot use this information to start / stop recording.
> You would have to write an application or at least a script
> but I would hope that other possibilities exits (I don't know
> of any).

This sort of thing seems to come up relatively often. Perhaps the ffmpeg
intro docs need to better explain how it handles sources of data (from
files, from IP-based or internal sources, etc) into a single "pipeline" and
stops when that pipeline ends (yes?).

Unfortunately, I don't have a good suggestion at the moment about how to
word that; maybe I'll take a stab at that next week.

Later,

z!