[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg for transcoding a stream into web pag

R C cjvijf at gmail.com
Thu May 2 00:15:11 EEST 2019

Hello,

this  probably has been asked a million times before.

I have a few IP cameras (onvif) that I can get stills and video out of with
scriprts.

What I would want to do is  put a stream into a web page, html document.
I'd prefer to used "something different" than  rtsp, to be used by the
browser because rtsp seems to be blocked more and more (people watching
baby monitors crashing networks).

>From what I read is that ffmpeg can be used to 'transcode' an rtsp stream,
to a format that directly can be used in a browser (firefox)? If so, is
there an exam[le or write up for how to do that?

thanks,

Ron