[FFmpeg-user] what's command line to transcode video with libx265 8/10bit

Dennis Mungai dmngaie at gmail.com
Thu May 9 13:57:15 EEST 2019

On Thu, 9 May 2019 at 13:04, qw <applemax82 at 163.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> If I build libx265 with bitdepth=10bit, and link it with ffmpeg, what's
> command line to transcode video with libx265 8/10bit?

Hmm, add either global option below:

(a). -bits_per_raw_sample 10 and the encoder will pick both the profile and
the appropriate pixel format for 10-bit encoding, or
(b): -bits_per_raw_sample 8 and the encoder will pick both the profile and
the appropriate pixel format for 8-bit encoding.

Can you show us the output of ffmpeg -h encoder=libx265 ?

According to https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-codecs.html#libx265 you can also set
profile restrictions via -profile:v , mapped in the encoder:
https://x265.readthedocs.io/en/default/cli.html#profile-level-tier