[FFmpeg-user] Announcing the 4th No Time to Wait conference: December 5-6 in Budapest

Dave Rice dave at dericed.com
Thu May 9 16:30:59 EEST 2019

Hello ffmpeg-users,

I wanted to share this news as members of this community have participated in this conference before.

MediaArea and the Vera and Donald Blinken Open Society Archives at Central European University are pleased to announce the fourth No Time to Wait conference, to be held in December 2019 and hosted by the Blinken Open Society Archives at CEU in Budapest, Hungary. Those working with audiovisual archiving, digital preservation, open media, and open standards as well as curious onlookers are welcome to attend, discuss, and present on subjects pertaining to our theme: the intersection of open media, standardization, and audiovisual preservation.

When & Where
Workshop/codeday: Wednesday, December 4, 2019
Conference: Thursday, December 5, 2019 and Friday, December 6, 2019
Vera and Donald Blinken Open Society Archives, Arany János u. 32, 1051 Budapest, Hungary

The Call for Proposals and initial registration are now available at https://mediaarea.net/NoTimeToWait4.

This 2 day symposium includes drinks and lunch on site (thanks, Open Society Archives!). We are currently seeking additional sponsorship to keep this conference free, support travel grants for attendees, and to support a social dinner for Thursday night. Please reach out to MediaArea about sponsorship questions.

Also note that on Friday, we'll be celebrating the 17th birthday of the Matroska format.

Please watch the website at https://mediaarea.net/NoTimeToWait4 for No Time to Wait 4 or follow @nttwconf for updates, including registration and a call for proposals.

Feel welcome to send any questions, comments, or inquiries to MediaArea, https://mediaarea.net/Contact

Kind Regards,
Dave Rice