[FFmpeg-user] Help with syntax using lv2 filter plugin

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Fri May 10 10:51:10 EEST 2019

On Thu, May 09, 2019 at 15:57:01 -0700, David Ing wrote:
> The command I'm using is:
>
>     ffmpeg -i $INPUT -af lv2=plugin=https\\\\://github.com/lucianodato/speech-denoiser $OUTPUT

Apparently, the quoting isn't sufficient, because:

> error: attempt to map invalid URI `https'
> [lv2 @ 0x561771d961c0] Invalid plugin URI <https>

I.e. the ":" in the URI ist still considered a filter option separator.

Could you please try:
$ ffmpeg -i $INPUT -af "lv2=plugin='https://github.com/lucianodato/speech-denoiser'" $OUTPUT

> I tried to follow the documentation but it was a bit vague.
>     https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#lv2

It's an issue with quoting, not about lv2.

There are several chapters in the docs, but they might confuse you even
more:
http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-utils.html#quoting_005fand_005fescaping
http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#Notes-on-filtergraph-escaping

>     https://github.com/lucianodato/speech-denoiser/issues/16

Your "docker run" will introduce another level of (shell) escaping into
this hell. :-(

HTH,
Moritz