[FFmpeg-user] Continuity issues with multiple UDP output streams.

James E. Baird James.Baird at ccr.net
Tue Nov 12 21:24:23 EET 2019

To add to this, I did some further testing and it would seem the lower the bitrate I make the streams from the transmitter, the more streams I can have without continuity errors on the receiver side. I did a resolution change from 1080p to 480p and dropped the bitrate on my streams from 12000-14000K to 1500K (mpeg2 to mpeg2) and I could add 7 processes before I started seeing the streams having issues.

Using this command:
ffmpeg -i 'udp://@237.1.1.92:59092' -s 864x486 -b:v 1000000 -acodec copy -f mpegts 'udp://@237.129.100.2:59002?pkt_size=1316'

Not sure if this helps anyone have a eureka moment.

Thanks,
-James

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail including attachments is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. ยงยง2510-2521, is confidential and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from use and disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, copying, or dissemination of this transmission, or taking of any action in reliance on its contents, or other use is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please reply to the sender listed above immediately and permanently delete this message from your inbox.