[FFmpeg-user] Converting DVCPRO in AVI wrapper to .dv, missing audio stream

Joanna White pittschick at me.com
Wed Nov 13 17:14:14 EET 2019

>> On 13 Nov 2019, at 13:55, Kieran O Leary <kieran.o.leary at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> codec to the .dv wrapper so
>> that it's explicit when committed to long-term LTO storage that it's a DV
>> file.
>

> Why is the benefit to removing the container here?

Removal of AVI across all assets for normalisation, also the mediainfo FileExtension_Invalid I’m reading as a pointer that it needs to be alternative to AVI?

> The extra audio stream in your source is probably just a duplicate of the
> pcm stream that is interleaved in your DV stream. You might have to double
> check that.
> Anyhow DV most likely can't store an extra audio channel as you're just
> demuxing the DV stream itself. You'll need to use a container or just leave
> the Avi file as Kato retain that I'd imagine.

I’ve been made aware that the .dv choice only supports a stereo pair and that this might be the problem.  It’s passing one channel but it’s wrong and the audio is mute on playback.

Might move to an MKV option to normalise assets as I see that dv was a bad choice. Will MKV work for dvcam?

Many thanks,
Joanna