[FFmpeg-user] Problem with astats and adrawgraph

Paul B Mahol onemda at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 12:08:31 EET 2019

On 11/26/19, Michael Koch <astroelectronic at t-online.de> wrote:
> Am 26.11.2019 um 09:55 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:

>>> The problem does only appear when I use two of the [astats,adrawgraph]
>>> filter chains and combine the outputs with vstack (or hstack or overlay,
>>> it's always the same problem).
>>> If I use only one [astats,adrawgraph] chain, then it works without any
>>> problems with the same input file.
>> How is this related to my suggestions?
>
> Thanks for your suggestion. Adding -r 25 does indeed solve the problem.
> Although I don't understand why it is required. The input framerate is
> 25 and it's detected correctly when I use the simpler filter chain.

Ah, I know why this happens, you need to use settb=1/FPS filter after vstack.
This happens because adrawgraph filter it order to not drop output
frames need to have same timebase as input audio. Otherwise you would
get different metadata values.
Also note that your FPS in this case is 48000/1024. ~= 46.xxx