[FFmpeg-user] can't build today's git with qsv

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 02:35:01 EET 2019

On 11/26/19 5:36 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

>> Well one reason to have superfluous --enable options, is so you can
>> remember how to disable them. For instance, stripping isn't working.
>>
>> strip -o ffprobe ffprobe_g
>> strip:ffprobe_g[.gnu.build.attributes]: corrupt GNU build attribute
>> note: wrong note type: bad value
>
> Then why are you using --enable-stripping?
>
> In my world, it would be much better if we fixed the issue instead
> of you using --disable-stripping (which isn't typically wanted with
> FFmpeg).
> What do the following show?
> $ strip -V
> $ strip -h
>
> Carl Eugen

+ strip -V
GNU strip version 2.32-29.fc31
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License version 3 or (at your option) any later
version.
This program has absolutely no warranty.
+ strip -h
Usage: strip <option(s)> in-file(s)
  Removes symbols and sections from files
  The options are:
   -I --input-target=<bfdname>      Assume input file is in format <bfdname>
   -O --output-target=<bfdname>     Create an output file in format
<bfdname>
   -F --target=<bfdname>            Set both input and output format to
<bfdname>
   -p --preserve-dates              Copy modified/access timestamps to
the output
   -D --enable-deterministic-archives
                                    Produce deterministic output when
stripping archives
   -U --disable-deterministic-archives
                                    Disable -D behavior (default)
   -R --remove-section=<name>       Also remove section <name> from the
output
      --remove-relocations <name>   Remove relocations from section <name>
   -s --strip-all                   Remove all symbol and relocation
information
   -g -S -d --strip-debug           Remove all debugging symbols & sections
      --strip-dwo                   Remove all DWO sections
      --strip-unneeded              Remove all symbols not needed by
relocations
      --only-keep-debug             Strip everything but the debug
information
   -M  --merge-notes                Remove redundant entries in note
sections (default)
       --no-merge-notes             Do not attempt to remove redundant notes
   -N --strip-symbol=<name>         Do not copy symbol <name>
   -K --keep-symbol=<name>          Do not strip symbol <name>
      --keep-file-symbols           Do not strip file symbol(s)
   -w --wildcard                    Permit wildcard in symbol comparison
   -x --discard-all                 Remove all non-global symbols
   -X --discard-locals              Remove any compiler-generated symbols
   -v --verbose                     List all object files modified
   -V --version                     Display this program's version number
   -h --help                        Display this output
      --info                        List object formats & architectures
supported
   -o <file>                        Place stripped output into <file>
strip: supported targets: elf64-x86-64 elf32-i386 elf32-iamcu
elf32-x86-64 pei-i386 pei-x86-64 elf64-l1om elf64-k1om elf64-little
elf64-big elf32-little elf32-big pe-x86-64 pe-bigobj-x86-64 pe-i386
plugin srec symbolsrec verilog tekhex binary ihex
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/>

Either there's been a commit today, or it's just sunspots, but
--enable-stripping now works on today's git.

sean