[FFmpeg-user] Multiple Glob Inputs

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 19:12:49 EEST 2019

Am Di., 15. Okt. 2019 um 01:27 Uhr schrieb James Tan <jtanman at gmail.com>:

> Sorry here's the console output. So you can see the three threads with
> durations of 8.28s, .88s, and .68s, but the final result is only 8.33s. In
> addition, the video where I just put all the images in the same folder has
> duration 9.92s.
>
> ffmpeg -pattern_type glob -i 'Time Lapse 11/*.JPG' \
> > -pattern_type glob -i 'Burst Sequence 5/*.JPG' \
> > -pattern_type glob -i 'Burst Sequence 6/*.JPG' \
> > -r 24 -c:v libx264 -crf 23 -preset fast -pix_fmt yuv420p tl11_fast.mp4

(The output option "-r" is not what you want, use the input option
"-framerate" instead.)

This command has three inputs (three times "-i"), ffmpeg does not
concatenate the three inputs.

> ffmpeg version 4.1.3 Copyright (c) 2000-2019 the FFmpeg developers

Please remember that only current FFmpeg git head is supported on
this mailing list (but the behaviour should be identical for all versions
of FFmpeg, past and future).

A concat filter exists, but I suspect the concat demuxer (that works
differently and does not use glob) is what you need.
https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#concat
https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-formats.html#concat-1

Carl Eugen