[FFmpeg-user] Split a video file in two by size and merge itback

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Oct 21 10:56:19 EEST 2019

On Sun, Oct 20, 2019 at 23:40:20 +0200, Julien Dotsev wrote:
> Yes, the ts file works exactly as you said. It can be split and every part
> is readable. But As I said I want to be able to keep the original file. So
> if it is mp4 for example and I converted to mpeg-ts, when I reconvert it
> back there is a file size increase. Is there a way to avoid that?

This means you are actually not splitting (because that can't easily be
done with actual MP4 containers), but remuxing. ffmpeg can't exactly
reconstruct the original container, as explained in my response in the
other thread.

As Carl Eugen worte: Always when describing such as issue, please
remember to show us the actual command line you used, and the command's
complete, uncut console output.

Thanks,
Moritz