[FFmpeg-user] Timed metadata in rtmp stream

Andreas Björkman mottagare at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 17:26:38 EEST 2019

Hi,

Is it possible to inject timed metadata in a rtmp live stream when
streaming with ffmpeg? For example SCTE-35.

I am trying to sync external events with what happens in the stream. One
idea I had was to inject metadata with a timecode which I can read and then
use to sync the video with the wall clock.

I have also tried using the parameter "use_wallclock_as_timestamps", but I
have read that I may cause instabilities in the timecodes. I also have a
hard time figuring out how to convert the timestamp in the manifest to a
time.

/Andreas