[FFmpeg-user] How to make FFMEPG ignore errors and keep encoding

Chuck Love ztvqui1090 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 07:34:15 EET 2019

Hi,

I have an m3u8 Live streaming here.
http:// 23.237.2.66 : 2209/Local10.m3u8

Please remove spaces in the URL

Basically I can use VLC to stream this HLS link for several hours with no
problem. However when using ffmpeg to restream to my local RTMP server,
after a while it disconnect and give error like this

av_interleaved_write_frame(): Unknown error
    Last message repeated 1 times
[flv @ 000001cb6deba5c0] Failed to update header with correct duration.
[flv @ 000001cb6deba5c0] Failed to update header with correct filesize.

The command I use is
ffmpeg -err_detect ignore_err -re -i "http://23.237.2.66:2209/Local10.m3u8"
-async 1 -vsync -1 -c:v copy -c:a aac -strict 2 -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc -b:a
128k -max_muxing_queue_size 1024 -tune zerolatency -f flv "rtmpServer"

I am using Windows Server 2016 and ffmpeg static complied on 10-28-2019

What flags should I add to the command to tell ffmpeg to ignore all errors
and keep doing the job, provided that, the m3u8 file is working
continuously in VLC? If VLC does not stop the streams, then FFMPEG should
not stop encoding too.

Thanks