[FFmpeg-user] ADD REAL TIME STAMP TO RTSP STREAM SEGMENT

Michael Shaffer mikeshaffer at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 06:29:24 EEST 2019

I've been using Python to archive my RTSP IP camera footage. This is the
Python code I use to name the file the current date and time. Basically I
have the program terminate and start a new ffmpeg instance every 20
minutes. It would be nice though if ffmpeg could segment and timestamp the
files itself. Not sure how you would do that exactly.

timestr = time.strftime("%Y%m%d-%H%M%S")

myUrl='ffmpeg1rec -rtsp_transport tcp -y -rtbufsize 200M -i \"rtsp://
admin:password at 192.168.1.23:554/Streaming/Channels/101/\" -f lavfi -f dshow
-i audio="virtual-audio-capturer" -c:a libmp3lame -ab 192k -ar 48000
-map_channel 1.0.0 -bufsize 5096k -c:v copy -f flv recordings/cam1-' +
timestr + '.mp4'

subprocess.Popen(myUrl, shell=True)