[FFmpeg-user] [offtopic] expansion of video content

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 20:15:39 EEST 2019

Here is the info:
# isoinfo -d dev=/dev/sr0
CD-ROM is in ISO 9660 format
System id:
Volume id: ARV_NT5.1_DES
Volume set id: UNDEFINED
Publisher id:
Data preparer id:
Application id:
Copyright File id:
Abstract File id:
Bibliographic File id:
Volume set size is: 1
Volume set sequence number is: 1
Logical block size is: 2048
Volume size is:
NO Joliet present
**BAD RRVERSION (0)
NO Rock Ridge present

Once I mount the drive:
# mount -t iso9660 /dev/sr0 /sr0
mount: /dev/sr0 is write-protected, mounting read-only
# du -sk /sr0/video_ts/
25253528        /sr0/video_ts/
Since that is in number of k's (1024 bytes)
echo  "25253528 * 1024" | bc
25859612672
25859612672

So how did a 4GB volume expand into  25GB?

if we assume that the reported volume size is 4096640  2K blocks:
4096640 * 2048 = 8389918720
Which is easily contained in a double density DVD optical medium.

Was there an mp4 compression used such that the driver
performs a conversion to VOB before handing over the data to
the user process??? Just curious!!!